Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Preparing the batter: Place all ingredients in a large bowl and whisk them up until the mixture is smooth, then let it rest.
- Cooking the Pagrus: Place some sunflower oil in a pan, heat it up then lower the temperature to moderately hot.
- Put the flour in a bowl with some salt and mix up with a spoon.
- Place the Pagrus bites in the flour and allow it to cover the entire surface.
- Then, dip the Pagrus bites into the batter, so that they get completely covered.
- Fry for about 5-6 minutes until the batter fluffs up and becomes golden in color.
- Place the bites in a dish lined with kitchen towels.
- Serve hot with the tartar sauce.
- Preparing the tartar sauce: Mix the onion, pickled cucumbers and capers in the hand blender to form a paste.
- Place the paste in a small sieve and press firmly with a spoon until all moisture drains out.
- Place the paste in a bowl and add the mayonnaise, dill, lime juice, some salt and pepper. Mix well until the mix becomes smooth.
- Tartar sauce may be preserved in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Tip: Careful! The oil should not be too high a temperature so that the fish may cook on the inside as well.